The Woodstock Festival, or Woodstock, was a music festival held on a dairy farm in Bethel, New York from August 15 to the 18, 1969. Thirty-two acts performed outdoors over the four day period to half a million concert attendees. It is regarded as one of the pivital moments in the history of Rock and Roll. The show featured performance from many now legendary acts including Joe Cocker, Janis Joplin, and Jimi Hendrix.
- The concert was spoofed in episode 3950 of Sesame Street, when Oscar hopes to bring his "alternative" Grouch band to "Mudstock", the Grouch music festival.
- At the end of the "Dinner Theater" segment "Pear" (spoofing Hair), a family of Anything Muppet hippies are joined by a Pear who is on his way to Woodstock.
- A reporter called the Sesame Street Cast Tour of 1970 a "preschooler's Woodstock".
- In an interview to promote The Muppets, Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem were asked what the most embarrassing thing to happen to them during a gig. To which they replied:
- Joan Baez performed on August 15
- Grateful Dead performed August 16
- Arlo Guthrie performed on August 15
- Richie Havens was the opening act for the concert
- ↑ WTDP? Exclusive: Mayhem Returns! Veterans Dr. Teeth & The Electric Mayhem keep on rockin’. November 7, 2011. whatsthatdudeplay.com.