Who Censored Roger Rabbit? is a detective/humor novel written by author Gary Wolf in 1981, well known today for being adapted into Touchstone Pictures' successful live-action/animation film Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
While the film differs drastically from the book plot wise, some of the characters remain the same. The book involves Roger and one of his bosses being murdered. At one point in the novel, Eddie Valiant finds a toy Kermit the Frog and holds onto it for the rest of the story. The toy Kermit ends up becoming a recurring element in the story.
- Episode 28 of From the Balcony features Long Joel Silver in a commercial for a pirate movies boxed set, one of which includes "Jolly Roger Rabbit."
- Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Mickey Mouse, and Donald Duck are among the cartoon characters that appear in the film version. Bugs also appears as a character in the novel.
- David Barclay was a puppeteer on the film.
- David Bulbeck was a puppeteer on the film.
- Christopher Lloyd played Judge Doom, the villain in the film version of the novel.
- Mike Quinn was a puppeteer on the film.
- Steven Spielberg was the executive producer of the film.
- Kathleen Turner voiced Jessica Rabbit in the film version.