|Written by||Joe Raposo|
|Publisher||Jonico Music, Inc.|
"What Makes Music?" is a Sesame Street song about the many things which are musical and how "When you're happy on the inside, ev'rything you hear is music." The song was later released on Sesame Disco! in a new disco arrangement.
The song was remade by Elmo, Alan, the Kids, a Honker, a Dinger, Oscar the Grouch and Telly Monster in the 2000 home video Let's Make Music. Bob also performed the song on the show in the early 90s with some kids.
An instrumental of the disco version of the tune plays over a video of David called "David Disco Skates."
- 60 Favorite Songs from Sesame Street (1975)
- Sesame Disco! (1979) (disco version)
- What Makes Music? (disco version)/Doin' the Trash (single, 1979)
- Sesame Street Treasury (album) (1980)
- Let's Make Music (2000)
- The Sesame Street Songbook (1971 edition only)