Welcome Back, Kotter is a television sitcom which aired on ABC from 1975 to 1979. The show followed Mr. Kotter (played by Gabe Kaplan), a teacher who returns to his high school alma mater in New York City to teach a class of remedial students, known as the "Sweathogs". The series turned John Travolta into a teen idol.
- On the first episode of Muppets Tonight, Gonzo looks over the new KMUP evening line-up. One of the shows on the schedule is Welcome Back, Otter.
- In the episode "Meet Your New Teacher: Batteries Not Included," the Sweathogs tamper with an educational computer so that it states in a lecture on the Battle of Waterloo that Napoleon Bonaparte fought alongside Julie Andrews and the Muppets.
- Bill Davis directed "The Museum" (1976)
- Jack Dodson played Mr. Hansen in "And Baby Makes Four" part 3 (1977)
- Charles Fleischer played Carvelli (1976-1979)* Gabe Kaplan played Mr. Kotter and co-created the series
- Pat Morita played Taro Takahashi in "Career Day" (1976)
- John Travolta played Vinnie Barbarino
- Jerry Ross wrote the episode "Basket Case" (1975)