"We Wish You a Merry Christmas" is a traditional Christmas song. The simple chorus and holiday greetings have made it a popular finale to many holiday specials over the years.
- The song has been featured on multiple Sesame Street albums, including Merry Christmas from Sesame Street, Sesame Street Christmas Sing-Along, and and A Sesame Street Christmas.
- The song closes the John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together album, and briefly during the closing credits on the special of the same name. It is also included in the companion sheet music book and released as the B-side of a Muppet Single.
- It was also sung by the Muppets at the end of A Muppet Family Christmas.
- Another version of the song was recorded for the album A Green and Red Christmas.
- Craig Ferguson and Pepe the King Prawn sang the song in a special caroling insert on The Late Late Show in 2005.
- Sing-Along Holiday Songs features the carol as one of its ten Christmas songs.
- It was sung by a group of Christmas carolers a few times in Elmo's World: Happy Holidays, with one of those times being a special chorus for Dorothy called "We Fish You a Merry Christmas".
- A parody of this song, "We Wish You a Merry 'Fridge Day", was sung in Episode 212: Refrigerator Day of Dinosaurs.
- The book A Very Muppet Christmas features a rendition of the song called, "We Wish You a Muppet Christmas."