|Music by||Jeff Moss|
|Lyrics by||Sara Compton|
|Publisher|| Festival Attractions Inc.|
Sesame Street Inc.
"We Are All Earthlings" is a song about the various kinds of creatures that live on Earth. It is sung by a boy and Elmo, with several animals, including Poco Loco, Chicago the Lion, a goat, a frog, a toucan, and Little Bird.
The song was performed again by Jill Scott and some more animals, including Chicago, a zebra, a giraffe, a gnu, a raccoon, a spoonbill, an elephant, and others. (First: Episode 3981) Later that year (2002) the cast performed the song in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
In 2007, a portion of the song was used, as sung by Elmo, in a spot for PBS in preparation for Earth Day. An extended version was later used as a general PSA about talking to kids, including vocals with Big Bird (in the original version of the song, Big Bird can be seen in his nest in a clip).
- Performers in the original version include Jerry Nelson (the boy), Kevin Clash (Elmo), Fran Brill (Little Bird), Marty Robinson (the fish), Jim Martin (the goat) and David Rudman (Chicago).
- Audio (original version)
- We Are All Earthlings (1993)
- Sesame Street Celebrates! (1994)
- Platinum All-Time Favorites (1995)
- Songs from the Street: 35 Years of Music (2003)
- Audio (Sesame Street LIVE! version)
- Out of This World (2003)
- Video (original version)
- Video (Jill Scott version)
- Love the Earth! (2008)
- Sesamestreet.org original version: Jill Scott version:
- Hulu original version:
- SesameStreet's YouTube Channel original version:
- The Sesame Street Songbook (1992 and 2007 editions only)