Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Waiting for Godot is a play by Samuel Beckett that premiered in 1953. It follows two friends, Vladimir and Estragon, as they wait by a tree for someone named Godot. The play has generated much controversy, with many critics and scholars arguing that it is an allegory of the Cold War, having homoerotic overtones, or holding Biblical interpretations of Godot as God.
- On Sesame Street, Telly and Grover are "Waiting for Elmo" on an episode of "Monsterpiece Theater". (EKA: Episode 3480)
- Among the theatre credits listed on his resume submitted for his audition for the 2016 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, Pepe included "Waiting for Bardot."
- Timothy Bateson played Lucky in the 1955 London show
- John Glover played Lucky in the 2009 Broadway revival
- John Goodman played Pozzo in the 2009 Broadway revival
- Bill Irwin played Lucky in the 1988 Lincoln Center version and Vladimir in the 2009 Broadway revival
- Nathan Lane played Estragon in the 2009 Broadway revival
- Ian McKellen played Estragon in at least four productions
- Alan Stanford played Pozzo in the 2001 film
- Patrick Stewart played Vladimir in the 2009 UK tour and London revival