Vicky Stockwell worked for the Jim Henson Creature Shop as a hair specialist. Fittingly, her first major assignment was on Ludo for Labyrinth. She went on to fabricate animal fur, wigs, and other hair pieces.
Before joining Henson, Stockwell worked with Rick Baker on Harry and the Henderson. She later worked on the animal characters in Wes Anderson's stop-motion animated film The Fantastic Mr. Fox (based on a Roald Dahl book). She currently works as a freelance wigmaker, supplying opera companies as well as private individuals, such as medical patients.
Creature Shop credits
- Labyrinth - Ludo team
- The StoryTeller
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze - Hair technician
- The Flintstones - Hair & feathers
- Babe - Hair design specialist
- 101 Dalmatians - Hair supervisor
- Buddy - Hair supervisor
- Rat - Hair & fur supervisor
- Five Children and It - Digital paint/roto artist