Val Wardlaw is a visual effects artist working in the digital field. She worked with Jim Henson's Creature Shop variously as compositor, animator, or supervisor of computer-generated or supplemented Creatures. She had previously worked with the Computer Film Company, including on The Muppet Christmas Carol.
Wardlaw co-founded the visual effects house Baseblack, which worked on Harry Potter movies, Hotel Rwanda, Casino Royale, Hot Fuzz, and Hellboy II: The Golden Army. In 2011, she founded a new company, Perluceo, working mainly on documentaries and 3D films, including Disney's Bears.
Muppet/Creature Shop credits
- The Muppet Christmas Carol - Digital/optical effects (Computer Film Company)
- The Adventures of Pinocchio - Assistant visual effects supervisor (2nd unit)
- The Talented Mr. Ripley - Visual effects
- Arabian Nights - Creature artist
- Rat - Visual effects supervisor
- Jason and the Argonauts - Harpies sequence
- The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas - CGI Remote Control Bird
- Jack and the Beanstalk: The Real Story - Compositor
- Sesame Street 4-D - Lead technical director