Universal Studios Singapore (USS) is the Singaporean Universal Studios theme park located within (and maintained by) Resorts World Sentosa on Sentosa Island. It is the second Asian Universal Studios theme park (Universal Studios Japan being the first) and the first within Southeast Asia. After four years of development and construction, followed by a soft opening period from March 18 to October 26 in 2010, the park officially opened on May 28, 2011.
The New York area of the park features Sesame Street attractions, including three live outdoor shows. Eight walk-around characters – Elmo, Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Ernie, Bert, Oscar the Grouch, Grover and Abby Cadabby – appear in these shows as well as during meet-and-greet sessions. An indoor ride, Spaghetti Space Chase, opened on March 1, 2013.
Sesame Street debuted at USS on May 28, 2012. A press conference, along with preview performances of the live shows, was held at the park on May 24. Prior to the news announcement, Resorts World Sentosa released two teaser trailers: the first one, "Treasure", on May 17 and the second one, "Crumbs", on May 22.
The live shows are performed three times daily on New York street.
- When I Grow Up – A 12-minute stage show featuring Elmo, Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Abby Cadabby, Grover, Bert and Ernie, performed on the front steps of the Public Library. A trimmed down version of the Sesame Street Live show of the same name (both the original and the updated version).
- Dance with Bert and Ernie – A seven-minute show with Bert, Ernie, Elmo and Grover. Performed outside Rockefeller Center.
- Our Favorite Things – Bert, Oscar and Cookie Monster sing about the things they love in this six-minute show. Performed outside Loui’s Pizza and Union City News Agency.
Showtimes and performances vary on different days. Show schedules are given in the park brochure. (Note: The brochure does not specify which show will be performed.)
Spaghetti Space Chase
Main article: Spaghetti Space Chase
Sesame Street merchandise, both park-exclusive items and imports, are available in gift shops, including Big Bird's Emporium. There is also a Sesame Street School Bus retail cart outside Rockefeller Center, the former location for The Yellow Cab Co. Taxi (the latter has moved to Water Street, near KT Grill). Additionally, some existing food/beverage and merchandise outlets, like The Brown Derby, have been rethemed.
Sesame Street Character Breakfast Program
The breakfast buffet program, hosted by Loui's Pizza, is available on select dates. The breakfast program is not included in the day-pass to USS; guests will have to reserve their tickets online or purchase their tickets at the ticketing booth upon entering the park.
Special and seasonal Events
In addition to live shows and meet-and-greets, the Sesame Street characters also appear in special seasonal shows and events, and just like at Sesame Place, dress for the appropriate occasion (like Christmas or Chinese New Year).
Following the launch of Spaghetti Space Chase on March 1, 2013, USS marked the event with a Sesame Street Carnival on the New York street until March 3. 
- ↑ "World’s first Sesame Street ride at Universal Studios Singapore", Travel Daily Asia. February 18, 2013
- Official site
- Nick Sim, "Video: Universal Studios Singapore hints at Sesame Street ride for 2013", Theme Park Tourist, May 18, 2012.