Twin Peaks is an American television serial drama created by David Lynch and Mark Frost that premiered on ABC in 1990. A smash hit, the series entered the pop culture lexicon immediately, but quickly faded in popularity and was cancelled during its second season. The series follows the investigation of the brutal murder of a popular teenager and homecoming queen, Laura Palmer.
The Bravo network listed the character of Agent Dale Cooper as #92 on its list of the 100 Greatest TV Characters.
- The series was spoofed on Sesame Street during one of the segments of Monsterpiece Theater, titled Twin Beaks. Many of the quirky characters of the series were parodied in the segment, including the "Log Lady" (with The Log Bird), and Special Agent Dale Cooper (with Cookie Monster as Agent Cookie). Also spoofed was creator David Lynch (as David Finch), who dines with Laura (spoofing Laura Palmer).
- In the "Cookie's Crumby Pictures" segment, "The Cookie of Oz," Cookie opens a red door and inside is the "Red Room" used in dream sequences of the series.
- Kyle MacLachlan played Special Agent Dale Cooper
- Molly Shannon played Judy Swain in one second season episode
- David Warner played Thomas Eckhardt in three second season episodes