Twelve Angry Men began as a 1954 teleplay, was adapted for the Broadway stage, and then was adapted into a 1957 feature length film, which was remade for cable in 1997 (starring Jack Lemmon). All four were written by Reginald Rose and tell the story of a jury forced to reconsider its nearly unanimous decision by the single dissenter who sows a seed of reasonable doubt.
- "Monsterpiece Theater" of Sesame Street featured the movie as one of its skits, where Alistair Cookie is confronted by twelve angry men.
- Tony Danza played Juror #7 in the 1997 film
- Ossie Davis played Juror #2 in the 1997 TV movie
- Faith Elliott worked as a script supervisor on the 1957 film
- Henry Fonda played Juror #8 in the 1957 film
- Peter Friedman played Juror #10 in a 2004 Broadway revival
- James Gandolfini played Juror #6 in the 1997 TV movie
- George C. Scott played Juror #3 in the 1997 TV movie
- Jack Warden played Juror #7 in the 1957 film