|PERFORMER||Maria Conchita Alonso|
|DESIGN||Santiago Cohen designer|
Troubles the Cat was the star and title character of a regular animated segment on Big Bag. Created from a proposal by a six-year old girl, Marina Mendez, "Troubles the Cat" focused on a group of Latino kids, especially Marina and her cat Troubles. Troubles herself is a wise feline who often helps the kids find solutions, and encourages viewers at home to use their "troublescopes" (paper towel tube) to find out if someone is happy, sad, or mad. Troubles was noted in newspaper reviews, including The Christian Science Monitor, as one of the best short segments on the series, and along with Koki, it was the only one to be carried over for the second season of Big Bag. Twenty four segments were produced in all. Troubles and friends also starred in a Little Golden Book, Troubles the Cat: It's Magic.
- A CTW Production.
- Creators: Marina Mendez, Karen Mendez-Smit
- Developed for Television By: Nina Elias Bamberger, Marie Poe, Luis Santeiro, Nina Shelton, Jim Martin
- Writer: Kati Rocky
- Story Editors: Gary Cooper, Allan Neuwirth
- Animation/Character Design: The Ink Tank
- Creative Director: R. O. Blechman
- Executive Producer: Brian O'Connell
- Director of Animation: Susan Pitt (Season 1), Maciek Albrecht (Season 2)
- Producer: Richard J. O'Connor
- Design: Santiago Cohen
- Music: Arnold Black; Kinny Landrum (uncredited)