Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tom Newby was part of the electro/mechanical team at the NY Muppet Workshop. He was originally hired by Faz Fazakas. Although he built a few characters on his own, Newby was primarily responsible for mechanisms (including radio control) that enhanced the Muppet characters as well as structural and mechanical components of the walk-around characters. He also supervised and designed puppet rigging for various Henson TV and film production.
- "The Muppets' Wizard of Oz" (2005) (TV) (Muppet electromechanical supervisor)
- "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie (2002) (TV) (Jim Henson's Muppet Workshop)
- Muppet Treasure Island (1995)
- The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)
- "The Jim Henson Hour" (1989) TV Series (Muppet designer: Jojo)
- "The Christmas Toy" (1986) (TV) (Mechanical designer)
- "The Great Muppet Caper" (1981) (Muppet builder/Muppet designer)
- "The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland" (1999) (Electro-mechanical effects)
- "Muppets from Space (1999) (Muppet effects coordinator)
- "The Jim Henson Hour" (1989) TV Series (Muppet special effects)
- "The Muppets Take Manhattan" (1984) (Muppet special effects)
- "Fraggle Rock" (1983) TV Series (Muppet special effects)
- "Kermit's Swamp Years" (2002) (V) (Muppet Workshop New York)
- "The Jim Henson Hour" playing "Himself" in episode: Secrets of the Muppets (29 November, 1992)