In episode 117, certain publicity photos, and the cover of the first Muppet Show album, Timmy had green hands, eyes without eyelids, and what appear to be goggles or antennae over his eyes. From the second season onward, he lost his eye antennae and gained eyelids and green hair. Later in the second season, his hands were changed to match the color of his fur, he lost his hair, gained teeth and a tail, and his eyes and eyelids changed.
The only time Timmy was called by name was in episode 423, in which he stretched a pair of too-small shoes for Miss Piggy. Steve Whitmire performed him in this scene. Betsy Baytos performed Timmy in Episode 504.
In the recreation of "The Muppet Show Theme" for the telethon opening, as seen in The Muppets, Timmy is the only one in the group of featured full-bodied monsters that is not present. According to The Muppets Character Encyclopedia, Timmy has retired from show business and runs an organic bakery called "Timmy's Treats." In 2014, Timmy appeared in animated form as an enemy in the video game, The Muppets Movie Adventures.
- The Muppet Show
- The Muppet Show Theme (Seasons 2 - 5)
- Episode 117: Ben Vereen ("Pure Imagination")
- Episode 202: Zero Mostel ("Fears of Zero")
- Episode 203: Milton Berle (Cold Opening)
- Episode 204: Rich Little (Press Conference)
- Episode 206: Nancy Walker (Cold Opening)
- Episode 212: Bernadette Peters ("Take a Little One Step")
- Episode 217: Julie Andrews ("I Whistle a Happy Tune")
- Episode 307: Alice Cooper ("School's Out")
- Episode 318: Leslie Uggams ("Hey There, Good Times")
- Episode 324: Cheryl Ladd ("South Rampart Street Parade")
- Episode 411: Lola Falana
- Episode 423: Carol Channing
- Episode 504: Shirley Bassey
- Episode 509: Debbie Harry
- Julie Andrews: One Step Into Spring
- The Muppet Movie ("The Rainbow Connection" Finale)
- The Muppets Go Hollywood
- The Great Muppet Caper
- The Jim Henson Hour