Thomas Jefferson (1743-1846) was the third President of the United States and author of the Declaration of Independence. A Virginian architect, farmer, lawyer, and statesman, Jefferson's presidency was marked by such events as Louisiana Purchase of 1803, the result of a bargain with Napoleon Bonaparte, and the Lewis and Clark explorations.
- Jefferson is quoted in the documentary Youth '68.
- Monticello illustrates Jefferson's birthday in The Sesame Street 1976 Calendar.
- Jefferson appeared as one fourth of Mount Rushmore in The Muppet Show: Sex and Violence (performed by Jerry Nelson), a National Wildlife Federation PSA, and Muppets Tonight
- Kermit appeared as Jefferson in I Love Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson was portrayed in both "American Revolution" sketches from Sesame Street Season 18. Bert portrayed him in the National Bird sketch, while Don Music embodied Jefferson's frustrations in writing the Declaration of Independence.
- In Muppets Tonight episode 101, in the premiere "Great Moments in Elvis History" segment, an Elvis appears as Jefferson.
- A talking portrait of Jefferson appears on President Elmo's office wall in the "Elmo the Musical" segment, "President the Musical."