Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Written by||Irving Berlin|
|Source||Annie Get Your Gun (musical)|
|Publisher||Irving Berlin Music Co.|
"There's No Business Like Show Business," from Irving Berlin's musical Annie Get Your Gun was originally performed by Ethel Merman on Broadway. It has been performed by the Muppets on several occasions.
- performed by Ethel Merman and the Muppets on episode 122. Merman begins singing the closing number to the cast backstage, but the number eventually moves onstage, where she is joined by Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Hilda, Wayne and Wanda, Floyd Pepper, Janice, Blue Frackle, a pig, the Trumpet Girl, and a few Whatnots.
- performed by the Muppets cast on episode 412. "There's No Business Like Show Business" is once again the closing number, and is sung after Kermit is awarded the Fred Award for Performer of the Year.
- A sample of the tune scores a portion of The Muppet Show pitch reel where Leo's speech reaches its most frantic.
- performed over a montage of clips at the beginning of the television special. The recording used was Ethel Merman's performance from episode 122 of The Muppet Show.
- The Muppets sang a parody of this song.
- Ethel Merman version
- Muppet Treasures (1985)