This one-hour documentary details the technological innovations in the field of animatronics, art design, film making, and Henson magic. Requiring over two years of pre-production, The Dark Crystal was inspired by the imagination of artist Brian Froud and conceived by scores of talented designers, builders, technicians, and performers. The World of the Dark Crystal shows how Jim Henson's Creature Shop in London and the Muppet Workshop in New York brought Brian Froud's art and Jim Henson's vision to life.
- Jim Henson, Brian Froud, Wendy Froud, Gary Kurtz, Frank Oz, Lyle Conway, Fred Nihda and Kathryn Mullen
- Cameramen: Stephen Drury, Mike Fox, Ray Moore, Rafi Rafaeli
- Sound Recordists: Keith Desmond, Dan Grummel, Mike Lax, Stan Phillips
- Dubbing Mixer: Colin Martin
- Production Supervisor: Mike Mason
- Film Editor: Arthur Solomon
- Producer: Anthony Goldsmith
- Falk, Karen. "Jim Henson's Red Book", 11/7-9/1982 – VTR Channel 13 documentary for D.C.