thumb|300px|Kermit & Piggy's 2012 appearance on The View. The View is a daily talk show produced by and featuring ABC News correspondent Barbara Walters. Co-hosts are comedian Joy Behar, Sherri Shepherd and former Survivor: The Australian Outback participant Elisabeth Hasselbeck. Entertainer Rosie O'Donnell also co-hosted the program from September 2006 to May 2007. O'Donnell's spot was filled by Whoopi Goldberg. Other former co-hosts include Star Jones, Debbie Matenopoulos, Lisa Ling, and current Today Show host Meredith Vieira.
The program celebrated its 2000th show on February 2, 2006 and started its tenth season that fall. It airs on ABC.
- December 19, 1997: Miss Piggy appears.
- September 19, 2006: Shortly after his world-premiere on the Today Show, Rosie O'Donnell reveals the new T.M.X. Elmo to her audience and puts the first one to come off the assembly line up for auction, marked with the number 1 and autographed by Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash, and Mattel President Neil Friedman.
- September 27, 2006: O'Donnell presents the results for the auction of the first T.M.X. Elmo. The show raised $4,200 for the Boys & Girls Clubs of America. By matching the $4,200 donation, viewers will receive their own T.M.X. Elmo signed by all four ladies of The View.
- October 10, 2007: Elmo appears as a surprise guest to promote the launch of Panwapa, a Sesame Workshop video initiative.
- May 21, 2008: Kermit the Frog and Fozzie Bear appear to promote The Muppet Show: Season Three DVD set. (video)
- October 25, 2011: Kevin Clash and Elmo appear on the show to talk about Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey. The show also filmed a backstage ViewTube segment with Elmo only. 
- March 14, 2012: Kermit and Miss Piggy appear to promote The Muppets home video release.
- April 12, 2012: Kermit and the Swedish Chef appear to promote The Muppets home video release and a discount for Bounty paper towels at Sam's Club.
- In Tales of a Sixth-Grade Muppet, Danvers' sister Chloe imagines several business plans for him, one being an interview on The Viewpoint, a spoof of The View.