The Three Little Pigs are the noted house-builders of fairy tale fame, who have frequently appeared on Sesame Street opposite their nemesis the Big Bad Wolf, most notably in Sesame Street News Flash segments. They are not to be confused with the Five Little Piggies, the quintet of toe counting fame who live elsewhere in the forest; like their fellow porkers, however, the Three Little Pigs have on occasion said "wee wee wee" all the way home.
The pigs have been performed by various puppeteers, including David Rudman, Kevin Clash, Frank Oz, Joey Mazzarino, Martin Robinson, Eric Jacobson, Jerry Nelson, Richard Hunt, Stephanie D'Abruzzo, Matt Vogel, and Noel MacNeal.
In 2008, the Three Pigs began making various background appearances on Plaza Sésamo.
- I.M. Pig and his associates show up in the Hurricane story arc in 2001, which also features the Big Bad Wolf as building inspector.
- In a 2005 episode, Baby Bear's story of "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" explains that during the three bears' walk, he and his parents made pig noises that caused themselves to transform into the Three Little Pigs. When the Big Bad Wolf began chasing them, the "pigs" made bear noises, transforming themselves back into their true identities and catching the wolf off-guard.
- In the 2007 book My First Trip to the Farm, Abby Cadabby mistakes farm pigs for the Three Little Pigs.
- A different set of Three Little Pigs appears in animated form in a Journey to Ernie segment (EKA: Episode 4027), along with another animated variation of the Pigs appearing in the 2002 song "Don't You Go Back In." (EKA: Episode 4145)
- Oscar the Grouch is auditioning for the lead in the Grouch Play The Big Bad Wolf, the Grouch version of The Three Little Pigs, in the storybook Ernie and His Merry Monsters.
- Elmo's Lift-and-Peek Around the Corner Book (1996)
- Abby Cadabby's Rhyme Time (2007)
- Elmo Visits the Dentist (2007)
- Storybook ABCs (2008)