Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Written by||Stephanie St. Pierre|
|Series||A Dell Yearling Biography|
The Story of Jim Henson, Creator of the Muppets is a 106-page biography of Jim Henson. It was written by Stephanie St. Pierre, a childhood friend of Henson's oldest daughter, Lisa Henson. Although the book was in production before Jim Henson died, it wasn't finished and released until 1991, a year after his death.
- Author's Note
- A River of Rainbows
- Down by the Creek
- Puppets and Television
- On the Air
- A Creative Family
- How They Got to Sesame Street
- HA! Hi! HO!
- A Frog with a Dream
- Fantastic Worlds
- New Directions
- It's a Good Life
- Highlights in the Life of Jim Henson
- Page 24 incorrectly refers to The Junior Morning Show as The Junior Good Morning Show.
- A photo caption incorrectly refers to Junior Gorg as a fraggle.
- Page 35 makes the incorrect claim that Kermit the Frog was named after one of Jim Henson's childhood friends.
- Page 69 incorrectly lists Orson Welles and Lily Tomlin as guest stars on The Muppet Show. While Welles made a cameo in The Muppet Movie and Tomlin was a guest in The Muppets Go to the Movies (among other Henson productions), neither appeared as a guest on the show.
- On page 76, The Muppet Show: On Tour! is referred to as The Muppet Show Revue.
- On page 85, it's incorrectly stated that The Muppets Take Manhattan came out on June 1984, instead of July 1984.