Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Written by||Charlotte F. Cole, June H. Lee (editors)|
|Published||March 25, 2016|
|Publisher||Routledge Taylor & Francis Group|
The Sesame Effect: The Global Impact of the Longest Street in the World is a collection of research studies and essays about the international co-productions of Sesame Street and the global initiates of Sesame Workshop.
The 256 page book is edited by Charlotte F. Cole, Executive Director of Blue Butterfly Collaborative, and Dr. June H. Lee, Vice President of International Research at Sesame Workshop.
Part I: The Global Sesame Effect
- 01. The Global Sesame Effect
- by Charlotte F. Cole
- 02. Measuring the Difference
- by Charlotte F. Cole and June H. Lee
Part II: Meeting Childrens' Educational Needs
- 03. R is for Responsive: How Sesame Street Meets the Changing Needs of Children in the United States
- by Jennifer A. Kotler, Rosemarie T. Truglio, and Jeanete Betancourt
- 04. How Sesame Workshop Promotes Early Childhood Education Around the World
- by June H. Lee, Yeh Hsueh, Muhammad Zuhdi, Shantimoy Chakma, Sayed Hashimi, and Lilith Dollard
- 05. Feathered and Furry Health Communicators: The Sesame Street Approach to Child Health and Wellbeing in Egypt, Sub-Saharan Africa and Beyond
- by Abigail Bucuvalas, Zainab Kabba, Jean Baxen, Janice Fuld, and Ayobisi Osuntusa
- 06. Empowering Girls and Boys to Be Life-Long Learners: Gender Equity Lessons from Sesame Street Programs in Egypt and Palestine
- by Charlotte F. Cole, Alyaa Montasser, June H. Lee, Cairo Arafat, and Nada W. Elattar
- 07. Ripple Effects: Using Sesame Street to Bridge Group Divides in the Middle East, Kosovo, Northern Ireland, and Elsewhere
- by Charlotte F. Cole and Lewis Bernstein
Part III - A Sustainable Future: Community and Partnerships
- 08. Opening New Doors: Community Engagement in India
- by Ameena Batada, Sashwati Banerje, and Mathangi Subramanian
- 09. Building Relevance and Impact: Lessons of Sustainability from Plaza Sesamo in Mexico and Beyond
- by Jorge Baxter