Jim Henson's Secret Life of Toys was a 1994 series based on the 1986 TV special The Christmas Toy. Each of the 13 30-minute episodes consisted of two 15-minute stories. The show was taped in Monheim, Germany (near the Dutch border), and aired on the Disney Channel.
- Rugby Tiger: A plucky tiger plush toy who is always looking for an adventure. Performed by Dave Goelz
- Mew: Rugby's good friend who is a catnip mouse toy that belongs to the family cat. Performed by Nigel Plaskitt
- Raisin: A tomboyish rag doll. Performed by Louise Gold
- Hortense: A worrying rocking horse. Performed by Louise Gold
- Ditz: A clown plush toy who can easily get mixed up. Performed by Dave Goelz
- Balthazar: A really old bear plush toy who is very wise. He functions as a father-like leader to the toys, and tells them when it's safe for them to move: "All clear, everyone! They're gone!". Performed by Jerry Nelson
Other characters include:
- Daffodil: A breakable princess doll who lives on the top shelf; nobody really understands her. Performed by Louise Gold.
- Bunny Lamp: Takes care of the lighting in the toy room and warns the toys when people are coming. Performed by Mike Quinn.
- Bratty Rat: A shifty rat who was purchased at a secondhand store. Performed by Jerry Nelson.
- Eggie: A dimwitted Humpty-Dumpty-like toy egg who thinks eggs are the smartest creatures in the world.
- Humble Gary: An extremely humble tiger. Performed by Mike Quinn.
- Datz: A paper bag puppet that looks like his brother Ditz. Performed by Jerry Nelson.
- Cruiser: Looks like a Fisher Price Little People figure who drives a taxi. He loves to use cool slang words. His motto is: "A dollar on the drop, and ten cents for any additional miles."
- Bleep: A toy robot who sometimes freezes during his speech.
- Episode 101: Oops! / Don't Tell Me
- Episode 102: Follow the Leader / Disappearing Ditz
- Episode 103: I'm Going to Tell... / The Cat Toy that Roared
- Episode 104: Rock-A-Bye Worries / The Magic Fish
- Episode 105: Climbers / Be Plush
- Episode 106: Queen Raisin / Balthazar in Beam Land
- Episode 107: Ditz and Datz / Mummies
- Episode 108: All Washed Up / Bunnochio
- Episode 109: More than a Mouse / Happy Hortense to You
- Episode 110: Down with Dinkybeard / The Sky Is Falling!
- Episode 111: Baby Balthazar / True Mew
- Episode 112: Mr. and Mrs. Rugby / I Spy
- Episode 113: Who Shares Wins / It's a Giveaway!
| Crazy for Me|
| Toys Will Be Toys|
| Complete Series|
Netflix streaming, 2011
- Jerry Nelson, Dave Goelz
- and Louise Gold, Nigel Plaskitt, Mike Quinn
- with Marcus Hubner, Axel Rathgeber, Jürgen Tombers
Muppet Characters by Jim Henson's Muppet Workshop, New York
- Set Design: Val Strazovec, Alan Cassie
- Creative Consultant: Dave Goelz
- Co-Producer: Jocelyn Stevenson
- Producer: Peter Coogan
- Executive Producer: Brian Henson
Videotaped at info-studios Monheim, Germany
Jim Henson Productions
in association with BBC, WDR (West German Broadcast), and
Filmstiftung Nordrhein-Westfalen (the North Rhine Westfalia Film Foundation)