The Rocky Horror Picture Show is a 1975 British musical comedy which parodies horror and science fiction films, based on the 1973 stage musical The Rocky Horror Show. A favorite of the midnight movie screenings, it is the longest-running theatrical release in history. The film is currently famous for its often participatory nature in public screenings.
- The film was parodied on Sesame Street with Susan Sarandon. She, along with the Count, are stranded in the rain and find themselves at the door of a large castle, echoing the opening scenes of the film.
- In the video commentary for Muppets from Space, Rizzo and Gonzo interact with the movie on-screen. Rizzo notes, "This is like The Rocky Horror Show!"
- Dick Cavett played the narrator in the 2001 Broadway revival
- Sadie Corre played a Transylvanian in the film
- Tim Curry played Dr. Frank-N-Furter - A Scientist in the film, as well as the original West End and Broadway productions, and played the Criminologist/narrator in the 2016 TV version
- Lea DeLaria played Dr. Scott and Eddie in the 2001 Broadway revival
- Gilbert Gottfried substituted as the narrator for one week in the 2001 Broadway revival
- Joan Jett played Columbia and an usherette in the 2001 Broadway revival
- Christopher Malcolm played Brad Majors in the original 1973 West End production
- Penn and Teller substituted as the narrator for one week in the 2001 Broadway revival
- Sally Jesse Raphael substituted as the narrator for one week in the 2001 Broadway revival
- Daphne Rubin-Vega played Magenta and an usherette in the 2001 Broadway revival
- Susan Sarandon played Janet Weiss - A Heroine in the film
- Ben Vereen played Dr. Scott in the 2016 TV version