Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Omen is a 1976 film starring Gregory Peck and Lee Remick which tells the story of a happily married couple who, unbeknownst to them, may or may not be raising the son of the Devil. The film was followed by film and book sequels, and was remade in 2006.
Episode 25 of "From the Balcony" references the remake. The show's plot revolves around Waldorf leaving Statler to run the spot by himself. Statler quips, "Also in theatres is a remake of the 1976 cult classic, The Omen. Heh. Maybe the tagline for this should have been 'Meet your re-maker!'" Waldorf's Replacement makes fun of him saying that Hollywood remakes are hip and that buzz for The Omen has been "gi-normous" based on the threads at MySpace. Waldorf returns just in time to deliver this week's balconism: "Opening FREAKend." It's described as a term used when a horror movie's release date corresponds with its subject matter, like releasing The Omen on 6/6/06. Movies.com also used The Omen to advertise the episode on its main page.
Statler and Waldorf had previously mentioned The Omen, and its "scary kid" Damien, during a series of press clips made for networks to air for Halloween 2005.
- Mia Farrow played Mrs. Baylock in The Omen (2006)
- Chris Fitzgerald provided special effects for The Omen (2006)
- Stuart Freeborn provided make-up effects for The Omen (1976)
- Michael Gambon played Bugenhagen in The Omen (2006)
- David Warner played Keith Jennings in The Omen (1976)
- Billie Whitelaw played Mrs. Baylock in The Omen (1976)
- The Omen Chronicles -- fan site