The Neighbors is an American television comedy series about a human family living among in a suburban community made up entirely of extraterrestrials. The series began airing on ABC in 2012.
- In the season one episode "Merry Crap-Mas," as the leading alien family sits among the Weaver family's Christmas presents they wrongfully opened, Larry Bird says "Tell you what; let's watch the Muppets' A Christmas Carol again! The Muppets, I like. I could really get down with the Muppets. Kermit: [imitating the frog's voice] Jackie Joyner-Kersee, please press play!" Later on in the episode, Kermit singing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" (from A Red and Green Christmas) plays over a scene of Larry Bird contemplating having ruined Christmas for his neighbors, and Abby Weaver talking sense into him over a cup of tea.
- In the season one episode "Cold War," Kermit the Frog is again a reappearing theme. Kermit can be seen twice, and heard several more times, singing "Rainbow Connection" from The Muppet Movie, as Max Weaver likes to watch the frog sing his trademark song on a loop to feel better when fighting the common cold (prompting Abby to mutter "You're ruining Kermit for me" at one point).
- In the season one episode "Space Invaders," Debbie Weaver points out that she and her daughter Amber haven't had a discussion about boys since watching The Muppets Take Manhattan, claiming she ended up having "a weird dread about Gonzo." Marty Weaver replies, "Gonzo's a daredevil who plays the trumpet, okay. He checks a lot of boxes."
- Candace Cameron Bure played Woman in "There Goes the Neighbors' Hood"
- Michael Cotter played Stage Manager in "We Jumped the Shark (Tank)"
- Rachel Dratch played Pearl in "A Night in (Lou Ferrigno's Hibachi) Heaven"
- Mark Hamill played Commander Bill in "It Has Begun..."
- Alan Menken wrote original songs for "Sing Like a Larry Bird"
- Kristin Newman served as a writer and producer for the series
- Bill Nye played himself in "Close Encounters of the Bird Kind"
- Rhea Perlman played Janet in "Uncle Benjamin"
- Kat Purgal played Cashier in "Supreme Like Me"
- Jerry Springer played himself in "Family Conference"
- George Takei played Grandfather in four episodes
- Scott Weinger served as a writer, producer and cameoed in one episode
- Wendy Williams played Shirley in "The One With Interspecies F-R-I-E-N-D-S"