In television, scenes are often cut, shortened, or unrealised prior to episodes airing. The Muppet Show was no exception, with many scenes written and even filmed but dropped from the final edit of the episodes.
- The first and second episode of The Muppet Show were shot several months before regular production of the show began. These episodes were reworked as the show developed. As the episodes were reworked, several sketches were abbreviated or cut entirely, and new footage was taped and inserted.
- ↑ Bailey, Joseph. Memoirs of a Muppets Writer, pages 169-170.
- ↑ Muppet Central interview with Steve Whitmire
- ↑ Of Muppets and Men: The Making of The Muppet Show
- ↑ Of Muppets and Men (book), photo of taping schedule on page 13.
- ↑ Karen Prell, Muppet Central forum post, 4-25-2003