The Muppet Show Annual (1977) is the first of eight Annuals produced in the UK. This 60-page book was published by Brown Watson.
The first Annual contains photographs, comics and games based on the first season of The Muppet Show.
- "Meet the Muppets"
- "It's the Muppet Show": 8-page comic strip of a fictional Muppet Show episode, featuring "guest stars" Ferdie and Liza
- Fozzie Bear's joke page
- "Kermit in London"
- "How to build your own Muppet Theatre"
- Kermit's Puzzle Page
- "Dance Floor Capers" (comic strip based on "At the Dance")
- "The Muppet Music Makers": photos of The Electric Mayhem
- "Like to find a lost Goldmine?": 2-page board game
- "Make your own Muppet puppets"
- "The All-at-Sea Muppet Game"
- "Muppet Picture Gallery": Rowlf, Sam, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Sweetums, The Swedish Chef, Miss Piggy, The Country Trio, and The Muppet News Reporter
- "Muppet Medical Mirth"
- "It's the Muppet Show": 8-page comic of a Muppet Show episode, featuring "guest star" Salome Salame
- "The Show Must Go On!": 2-page board game
- Crazy Harry is referred to in a picture caption as "Mad Harry".
- The Newsman is referred to in a picture caption as "The Muppet News Reporter".
- This is the only book that refers to Miss Piggy as Miss Piggy Lee, which has been cited erroneously as the character's original name. She calls herself this in one of the annual's comics.
- Animal, Behemoth, Bunsen Honeydew, the Country Trio, Crazy Harry, Dr. Teeth, Fozzie Bear, Frackles, George the Janitor, The Gogolala Jubilee Jugband, Gonzo, Gorgon Heap, Hilda, Janice, Kermit the Frog, Mahna Mahna, Miss Kitty, Mildred, Miss Piggy, The Newsman, Nigel, Rowlf the Dog, Sam the Eagle, Scooter, Shakey Sanchez, Statler and Waldorf, Sweetums, the Swedish Chef, Talking Houses, Thog, Wayne and Wanda, Zoot