The Lion King is a 1994 Academy Award winning animated film from Walt Disney Animation Studios. Taking much of its story from William Shakespeare's Hamlet, the film is one of the highest grossing animated films of all time, and was adapated for the Broadway stage in 1997.
- A Sesame Street sketch features a "Walt Dizzy Film" entitled "The Chicken King." A lion who wants to be king tries and fails to turn a corn cob into an egg, and is bested by Elmo (in a chicken outfit) who eats the corn and in turn lays an egg.
- In the Elmo's World episode "Wild Animals", the Lecture Lady announces that following "Wild, Wild Kingdom" is The Lion King with Tiger Woods.
- Rowan Atkinson voiced Zazu in the first movie.
- Matthew Broderick voiced the adult Simba
- Lacey Chabert voiced young Vitani in Simba's Pride
- Heather Headley played Nala in the original Broadway production
- Edward Hibbert voiced Zazu in Simba's Pride
- Jeremy Irons voiced Scar
- Elton John composed the film and Broadway musical's songs
- Chantylla Johnson played Nala in various productions
- James Earl Jones voiced Mufasa
- Whoopi Goldberg voiced Shenzi
- Nathan Lane voiced Timon
- Eric-Jan Lens understudied for Zazu, Timon and Ed in the Dutch adapation of the musical
- Mark Mangini was a supervising sound editor on the film
- Cheech Marin voiced Banzai
- Brett O'Quinn puppeteered Legend of The Lion King for the Disney theme parks
- Jonathan Taylor Thomas voiced young Simba
- Hans Zimmer scored the film