The Late Show with Stephen Colbert is a late-night talk show hosted by Stephen Colbert since 2015. It is the second iteration of CBS's Late Show franchise, following Late Show with David Letterman. Stay Human, led by bandleader Jon Batiste, serves as the show's house band.
- February 1, 2016 — Kermit the Frog appears to promote the return of The Muppets following its mid-season hiatus. Colbert engages him in a segment called "Big Questions with Even Bigger Stars," where they ponder why we're here, time traveling to meet oneself in the past, and if its better to give than receive.
- February 22, 2016 — In a special web-exclusive video, Kermit appears backstage with Jon Batiste to have an impromptu jam session.
- March 1, 2016 — In a special introduction directed by guest Spike Jonze, a homeless-looking Stephen Colbert wakes up in Central Park and is encouraged and guided back to the studio by Grover.
- July 12, 2017 — To both reference the controversy of Steve Whitmire being let go by The Walt Disney Company and to offer political commentary on the Trump administration, an unofficial Kermit the Frog puppet (performed by Rick Lyon) appeared in the cold open of the show, as if being performed by Sean Spicer, Donald Trump Jr., Ben Carson and the President himself.
- July 19, 2017 - In reference to follow up comments from Disney, Cheryl and Brian Henson the unoffical Kermit puppet was shown having angry contract negotiations making threats such as making a "Rainbow Connection with my foot and your ass."