The Late Show with Stephen Colbert is a late-night talk show hosted by Stephen Colbert since 2015. It is the second iteration of CBS's Late Show franchise, following Late Show with David Letterman. Stay Human, led by bandleader Jon Batiste, serves as the show's house band.
- February 1, 2016 — Kermit the Frog appears to promote the return of The Muppets following its mid-season hiatus. Colbert engages him in a segment called "Big Questions with Even Bigger Stars," where they ponder why we're here, time traveling to meet oneself in the past, and if its better to give than receive.
- February 22, 2016 — In a special web-exclusive video, Kermit appears backstage with Jon Batiste to have an impromptu jam session.
- March 1, 2016 — In a special introduction directed by guest Spike Jonze, a homeless-looking Stephen Colbert wakes up in Central Park and is encouraged and guided back to the studio by Grover.
- April 13, 2018 — Cookie Monster appears in a confessional with Colbert during the "Midnight Confessions" segment, promoting his book The Joy of Cookies.
- July 12, 2017 — To both reference the departure of Muppet performer Steve Whitmire from Disney, and to offer political commentary on the Trump administration, an unofficial Kermit puppet (performed by Rick Lyon) appeared in the cold open of the show, as if being performed by Sean Spicer, Donald Trump Jr., Ben Carson and the President himself during an audition session.
- July 19, 2017 - In reference to the controversy surrounding Whitmire's departure, the Kermit puppet is shown having angry contract negotiations and making threats such as making a "Rainbow Connection with my foot and your ass."