Between 1955 and 2014, The Jerry Lewis MDA Labor Day Telethon had raised money for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. Entertainer Jerry Lewis has become well-known for his tireless work supporting "Jerry's kids", as the children he's helped are known. Around 200 stations aired the program annually, called the "Love Network", which features entertainment from performers. The list of appearances includes hundreds of celebrities. The show has been hosted 38 times by Ed McMahon.
In 1998, the Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon made history as the first telethon seen around the world via Internet simulcast, hosted by RealNetworks on MDA's Web site.
- Kermit sings "Bein' Green" with Calvin Ray Johnson
- Johnny Fiama and Sal Minella host.
- Bear performs "It's Great to Be a Bear", "The Any Way You Wanna Conga," and "The Goodbye Song."
- Johnny and Sal host with Tom Bergeron and perform their own rendition of "Bohemian Rhapsody".
- Statler and Waldorf appear a few times in inserts.
- Rizzo the Rat and Pepe the King Prawn co-host three hours of the overnight portion of the telethon, with Tom Bergeron and Alison Sweeney. The Muppets close their three-hour segment with a version of "Wake Up Little Susie" -- which they remake as "Wake Up, Little Pledgers".