Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Written by||Deanne Durrett|
The Importance of Jim Henson is a 97-page biography of Jim Henson with over 70 black and white photos, and over 20 sidebar anecdotes.
The book offers several sources as works cited and suggested further reading.
- Christopher Finch, Of Muppets and Men
- Christopher Finch, The Making of the Dark Crystal
- Henson Associates Staff, The Art of the Muppets
- Stephanie St. Pierre, The Story of Jim Henson, Creator of the Muppets
- Geraldine Woods, Jim Henson: From Puppets to Muppets
- John Culhane, "The Unforgettable Jim Henson," Reader's Digest, November 1990
- Carol A. Emmons, "Jim Henson and the People Behind the Muppet Mania," School Library Journal, September 1984
- Don Freeman, "Muppets on His Hands," The Saturday Evening Post, November 1979
- Stephen Harrigan, "It's Not Easy Being Blue," Life, July 1990
- Susan Schindehette and J.D. Podolsky, "Legacy of a Gentle Genius," People, June 18, 1990
- "Don Sahlin: A Retrospective," Puppeteers of America, May/June 1978
- "Miss Piggy Went to Market and $150 Million Came Home," American Filmmaker, November 1989
- Les Brown, "'The Muppet Show'—Veddy Much at Home Abroad, Thank You," The New York Times, January 8, 1978
- Timothy Carlson, "After 35 Years, Henson's Muppet Magic Lives On," TV Guide, November 17, 1990
- John Culhane, "The Muppets in Movieland," The New York Times Magazine, June 10, 1979
- David Gritten, "The Next Muppetmeister?" Los Angeles Times, August 19, 1990
- Jay D. Hair, "Farewell to a True Friend," National Wildlife, August/September 1990
- Lynne Heffley, "The Muppets Will Carry On," Los Angeles Times, June 2, 1990
- Robert Higgens, "The Muppet Family and How It Grew," TV Guide, May 16, 1970
- John Skow, "The Man Behind the Frog," Time, December 25, 1978
- John Skow, "Those Marvelous Muppets," Time, December 25, 1978
- Don Kowet, "Behind Every Great Muppet," TV Guide, August 6, 1977
- Krsitin McMurran, "Muppet Master Jim Henson Has Another Brainchild—A Piggyless Project Starring Fraggles and Gorgs," People, January 17, 1983
- Hank Nuwer, "Muppets on the Move," Saturday Evening Post, December 1980
- Bill Prady, "Jim Henson Tribute," Rolling Stone, June 28, 1990
- Tom Shales, "Ta-Dahhh! It's Jim Henson, Creator of Kermit the Frog, King of the Muppets," Washington Post, January 25, 1977