The Greatest Story Ever Told is a 1965 U.S. motion picture epic telling the story of Jesus Christ, from the Nativity through the Resurrection.
The movie began as a radio serial in 1947, which was turned into a novel in 1949. This in turn was adapted in 1958 in preproduction for the movie. At the time of its release, the film was the most expensive shot in the U.S., and was nominated for five Academy Awards.
- The Dinosaurs episode "The Greatest Story Ever Sold" is a play on the movie's title.
- A prince and a pig are the main characters of "the greatest story ever told," (as told to Kingston Livingston III on episode 3770 of Sesame Street).
- Jamie Farr played Thaddeus
- José Ferrer played Herod Antipas
- Charlton Heston played John the Baptist
- Martin Landau played Caiaphas
- Telly Savalas played Pontius Pilate