The Goldbergs is a 2013 ABC sitcom set in the 1980s, based on creator Adam Goldberg's family.
- "Daddy Daughter Day" (Season 1 Episode 2): A 1976 The Muppet Show lunchbox is shown when Beverly Goldberg wants to pack Adam's lunch in it.
- "Who Are You Going to Telephone?" (Season 1, Episode 6): Barry Goldberg's Hulk costume is mistaken for Oscar the Grouch at a Halloween party.
- "You Opened the Door" (Season 1 Episode 14): Murray Goldberg uses Fraggle Rock puppets of Mokey and Boober in an attempt to teach Barry about sex.
- "You're Not Invited" (Season 1 Episode 20): Adam states that he wants a Bert and Ernie cake for his birthday. Beverly later comes in with one.
- "A Goldberg Thanksgiving" (Season 2 Episode 7): A montage of balloons from the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is shown, including the original Kermit the Frog balloon.
- "I Rode a Hoverboard" (Season 2, Episode 8): Adam's room is seen with a The Dark Crystal poster and a Muppet calendar.
- "The Most Handsome Boy on the Planet" (Season 2, Episode 9): Murray complains about waiting in line to see E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, saying it's "just about a puppet." Adam responds: "Is Fozzie Bear just a puppet? Is ALF just a puppet? Is Yoda just a puppet?" Later, The Miss Piggy Calendar 1982 can be seen in Adam's bedroom, turned to December.
- "I Drank the Mold" (Season 2, Episode 18): Adam is seen filming his own version of The Swedish Chef at the episode's end, (a re-production of an old home movie of the real Adam Goldberg).