- The movie's poster has been spoofed in Muppet parody calendars with Rowlf the Dog in place of Marlon Brando's titular character.
- A Movie Mania spot for The Odyssey Channel spoofed the movie with Kermit the Frog as "The Frogfather." In the scene, Fozzie Bear comes to the Frogfather asking for revenge on Statler and Waldorf.
- Joan Baez does an Joan does an imitation of Marlon Brando in the film from her Guest Star's Dressing Room in an episode of The Muppet Show.
- In his book Before You Leap, Kermit says one of the options for the original title of The Muppet Movie was "The Oddfather" (which was Gonzo's favorite choice).
- Robert De Niro played Young Vito Corleone in The Godfather: Part II
- George Hamilton played B.J. Harrison in The Godfather: Part III
- Harry Dean Stanton played FBI Man #1 in The Godfather: Part II