Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Written by||Joe Raposo|
|Publisher|| Green Fox Music Inc.|
Jonico Music Inc.
"The Garden" is a Sesame Street song from the first season about trash, sung by Susan and Oscar. It warns that if you make a mess without cleaning it up, you will end up with a "glop, glop, grungy, glop garden" where anything in that area you made the mess in used to be.
Another version of the song, as performed by three Anything Muppet hippies, was featured on the show one season later; during the bridge, the lead hippie (Fat Blue Muppet) tells Cookie Monster and Grover to stop littering. (EKA: Episode 0238)
- Audio (Susan and Oscar's version)
- The Official Sesame Street 2 Book-and-Record Album (1971)
- Let a Frown Be Your Umbrella (1974)
- 60 Favorite Songs from Sesame Street (1975)
- Sesame Street Music Society Album (1978)
- Just Friends (1982)
- The Sesame Street Songbook (1971 edition only)
- Songs of Sesame Street (1977)
- Sesame Street Songbook Vol. 2
- The song was used in the garden stage of the Elmo's Number Journey video game for Nintendo 64 and Playstation.