- May 5, 2003 -- Caroll Spinney appeared on the program to promote his autobiography book, "The Wisdom of Big Bird." 
- April 5, 2004 -- Lewis Bernstein, Mike Renzi, Zoe, Elmo, Cookie Monster, and Oscar the Grouch appeared on the program to promote Sesame Street's 35th Season and the video, What's the Name of That Song?. The group also sang Sunny Days. video
- February 15, 2006 - Elmo, Cookie Monster, Zoe, Rosita Bert, Ernie, and Susan Oliveras who plays Terry from Sesame Street Live appeared on the program to promote their new show, "Out of This World, " in New York's Madison Square Garden. video
- December 11, 2006 -- Kermit the Frog appeared on the program as a special guest for the 2-hour broadcast in order to promote Before You Leap.
“ On a lighter note, this morning I had a chance to interview one of the great iconic personalities of our time -- Kermit the Frog! Needless to say, he was very coy about the ongoing speculation regarding his relationship with Miss Piggy, but he was happy to chat about his new book, "Before You Leap: A Frog's Eye View of Life's Greatest Lessons." The interview went great, but perhaps we shouldn’t have given him that espresso: He was literally about to “leap” off of the couch! ”
- December 6, 2008 -- Fozzie Bear appeared with the hosts at The Muppet Whatnot Workshop, along with Bobby Flay, to promote the new workshop. Flay mentions that he had Elmo on his cooking show the previous week, so he will be seeing Fozzie often. Fozzie's reaction (a look of pleasure) is the first time since the Disney acquisition that the Muppets have referred to the Sesame Street Muppets. video
- September 15, 2010 — Fozzie Bear, Cat Cora, and Angelo appeared on The Early Show with host Harry Smith to promote The Muppets Kitchen with Cat Cora and cook up some sliders. video
- September 24, 2010 -- Elmo and Carol-Lynn Parente appear to promote Sesame Street’s 41st season and discuss the show's controversial Katy Perry video. video