Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Count of Monte Christo is an 1844 French novel by Alexandre Dumas (author of The Three Musketeers). It tells the story of a man, falsely imprisoned as a Bonapartist, who escapes, gains wealth, and seeks vengeance on those who wronged him.
- The Count of Monte Cristo is a personal favorite of Count von Count in Episode 3339 of Sesame Street (1995), (and the only library book he checks out without a number or counting theme).
- Wolf Ackva played Boville in a 1979 French miniseries
- Henry Cavill played Albert in The Count of Monte Cristo (2002, film)
- Emma Cohen played Mercedes in a 1969 Spanish TV version (aired on Novela)
- James Frain played Villefort in in The Count of Monte Cristo (2002, film)
- Freddie Jones played Colonel Villefort in The Count of Monte Cristo (2002, film)
- Michael Robbins played Caderousse in the 1964 BBC TV serial
- Cyril Shaps played Bertuccio in the 1964 BBC TV serial
- Walter Sparrow played a soldier in episodes 5-6 of the 1964 BBC TV serial
- Manfred Steffen played the president of the Chamber of Peers in a 1997 German radio adaptation
- Orson Welles played Edmond Dantes in a 1938 Mercury Theater of the Air radio broadcast and again on Campbell Playhouse (1939)