The Count of Monte Christo is an 1844 French novel by Alexandre Dumas (author of The Three Musketeers). It tells the story of a man, falsely imprisoned as a Bonapartist, who escapes, gains wealth, and seeks vengeance on those who wronged him.
- The Count of Monte Cristo is a personal favorite of Count von Count in Episode 3339 of Sesame Street (1995), (and the only library book he checks out without a number or counting theme).
- Wolf Ackva played Boville in a 1979 French miniseries
- Henry Cavill played Albert in The Count of Monte Cristo (2002, film)
- Emma Cohen played Mercedes in a 1969 Spanish TV version (aired on Novela)
- James Frain played Villefort in in The Count of Monte Cristo (2002, film)
- Freddie Jones played Colonel Villefort in The Count of Monte Cristo (2002, film)
- Michael Robbins played Caderousse in the 1964 BBC TV serial
- Cyril Shaps played Bertuccio in the 1964 BBC TV serial
- Walter Sparrow played a soldier in episodes 5-6 of the 1964 BBC TV serial
- Manfred Steffen played the president of the Chamber of Peers in a 1997 German radio adaptation
- Orson Welles played Edmond Dantes in a 1938 Mercury Theater of the Air radio broadcast and again on Campbell Playhouse (1939)