The Bible refers to collections of Judaic and Christian scripture.
- In episode 103 of The Muppet Show, Fozzie Bear tells the following joke to Hilda: "I knew a minister once, who was so religious, when he read the Bible, he wore stain glasses."
- Philippians 2:12 is quoted in Jim Henson's documentary Youth '68.
- In Muppet Treasure Island, Long John Silver upbraids his crew for daring to desecrate "the Holy Scripture" by tearing a page from the Bible to give Silver the Black Spot.
- In the final "Land of Gorch" sketch, which aired on Saturday Night Live on September 8, 1976, King Ploobis assures his troupe that they have been resurrected "as it was predicted and spoke of in the great book." Not the Bible, as Scred assumes, but Bil Baird's Book of Puppetry.
- The Dinosaurs episode "The Golden Child" featured the Book of the Dinosaurs, a sacred text patterned after the Bible.