The show was hosted by Jake, a jovial polar bear, and Stinky, his skunk friend. The other main characters were Armstrong the Chicken Hawk, Ollie the Tapir, Bunnie Bear, Tizzy the Bee, Yves St. La Roache, Rhonda Rat, and Dullard the Aardvark. The series' format resembled that of a talk show. In each episode, the hosts would interview two guests, who were different species of animals. The animals would talk about themselves and show clips of their real-life counterparts.
- Bill Barretta as Armstrong the Chicken Hawk, Dullard the Aardvark (Season 3), assistant puppeteer on Jake the Polar Bear (Seasons 2 & 3), and many other assorted characters.
- John Eccleston (Seasons 2 & 3 only) as Yves St. La Roache and many other assorted characters
- Dave Goelz as Stinky and other assorted characters.
- Louise Gold (Seasons 2 & 3 only) as Tizzy the Bee (Season 2), Bunnie Bear, Rhonda Rat (Season 3), Yvette (Yves's girlfriend), and other assorted characters.
- Karen Prell (Season 1 only) as Ollie the Tapir, Tizzy the Bee (Season 1), and other assorted characters.
- Mike Quinn (Season 1 only) as assistant puppeteer and occasional voice-overs.
- Katherine Smee (Season 3 only) - as various assorted characters
- Steve Whitmire as Jake and other assorted characters
- Mak Wilson (Season 1 only) as Yves St. La Roach (Season 1) and other assorted characters.
- Opening Titles: Nigel Plaskitt and Mak Wilson
- Directed by Peter Harris
- Production Design by Derek Brown
- Production Coordination by Tatiana Bicat
- Puppets built by Jane Howell and David Skelly
- Many of the songs used for the first two season's film segments were recycled from previous Henson productions, including Fraggle Rock, Muppet Babies, The Tale of the Bunny Picnic, and others.
- The puppets created for this show were reused in many subsequent Muppet productions, including (but not limited to), Muppets Tonight, Bear in the Big Blue House, Mopatop's Shop, and Sesame Street.
- Animal Show episodes
- Animal Show characters
- Animal Show merchandise
- Animal Show songs
- International Animal Show