Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
TALK PAGES ARE NO LONGER USED
To discuss article changes, please use:
Fart shoes gag
I'm sure that we all know this, but this page may certainly end up getting changed (or even possibly deleted) depending on the actual movie, and the importance of these shoes. As we all know, trailers tend to place things out of context, and often mash things together. So we'll just wait and see. :) --Gonzofan 01:20, June 22, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, for all we know, that could be a clip from a scene where Fozzie is just showing off various gags. It may have been inserted into the trailer after Kermit saying "The Muppets have always been about artistic integrity, not cheap tricks" just to make audiences laugh. Then Kermit saying that could be pulled from a scene where he's encouraging the gang.
- However, when a trailer is constructed, they use the stuff that they, at the point where they create the trailer, know will be in the movie, but they could make an edit to the final print of the film and have to remove the clip, so it will probably be in the movie, but it might not. If it is not in the movie, we'll just say it was used in the trailer, but didn't make it to the final version of the movie.
- I just feel this page might be necessary in the future (depending on the final product, like Gonzofan said) but it certainly isn't needed at this point. To be honest, I can't think of any other reason why this should have its own page other than it being one of Fozzie's failed attempts at "artistic integrity." Furthermore, I think we should lay low on creating any more pages for characters and things from the movie until we have more info, and not just based on what we see in the trailers. -- Jon (talk) 15:32, June 22, 2011 (UTC)
- Normally I'd question such a page, but it's not too out of the ordinary compared to some other pages we have for Muppet props. Plus, I think it's hilarious. Also, I imagine tons of kids from the ages of 7 to 12 Googling for "muppet fart shoes" after seeing the movie. So, barring an otherwise convincing argument to the contrary, I vote to keep it for now. —Scott (contact) 18:16, June 22, 2011 (UTC)
- I recently had a thought... Its also entirely possible that the "fart shoes" line is just something that was dubbed into the trailer, (that is NOT unheard of) and will not actually be a line of dialogue in the film. but again, we can address that when the movie comes out.--Gonzofan 23:49, August 10, 2011 (UTC)