Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
TALK PAGES ARE NO LONGER USED
To discuss article changes, please use:
- It looks like he just calls her "Princess". The sketch is here. Can we change it to The Princess (The Princess and the C)? -- Ken (talk) 04:54, October 16, 2009 (UTC)
- For that matter, could it just be merged with Sesame Street Newsflash? I know it can be fun to give minor characters with just labels pages, but the page text is basically a sketch summary plus performer and pattern, and it would save awkward article naming. Not every otherwise unnamed Anything Muppet princess, king, or queen needs a page to my mind. Or else a character types article could be created just to cover them; I did something similar way back with Kings (The StoryTeller). -- Andrew Leal (talk) 06:39, October 16, 2009 (UTC)
- I'm usually in favor of merging pages, but in this case, I'm not sure what it would be merged into. We have a Nobility page, but that's just a series of lists. We don't have a spot for performers on the News Flash page, so the Camille Bonora credit doesn't really fit anywhere other than a character page.
- I guess we could just rename, but there's in fact been a number of unnamed princesses in Sesame Street sketches (there's one in the Newsflash parodying the frog prince, a few in random skits not covered yet), just nobody has tried to give them pages before. It's just that the page text as written is in fact just a more detailed sketch summary (it even opens with "One day, Kermit is out doing...") than a character description. We also have fairly small page for The Princess and the Pea, which might be the best place for it all since it's a clear parody and would beef up that page. -- Andrew Leal (talk) 20:14, October 16, 2009 (UTC)
- And we also could include the performer credit for the Princess in the Fairy Tales Today who couldn't get to sleep. Emma 21:05, October 16, 2009 (UTC)
- That's a good suggestion. I think I like the Princesses as a character type page idea best, and it would be an easier place to track the nameless one-shots and then below list the other relevant named princesses (there are a few) in an easier to read format outside of the nobility list. I'll get to work on it at some point soon but I'm in the middle of a lot of other stuff (on and off Wiki). If this works as a solution for everyone else, I'd say take the talk page out and add an Attention tag, until I or someone else can get back to it. -- Andrew Leal (talk) 00:15, October 17, 2009 (UTC)
I watched the sketch again, and she does describe herself as "The Princess from The Princess and the C", so full marks to Garrett for accuracy. Still, that's a silly name for an article, so how about we try "The Princess and the C"? It's not bad as a character name. I rewrote the text to make it flow better as a wiki article. What do you think? -- Danny (talk) 00:01, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
- That's the easiest fix and doesn't require a lot of work creating a new page, so I'm okay with it. -- Andrew Leal (talk) 00:16, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, that's fine. I had a feeling the page name would be changed. I wasn't sure myself that the way I titled it would work best anyway. Garrettk41 06:08, November 27, 2009 (UTC)