Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
TALK PAGES ARE NO LONGER USED
To discuss article changes, please use:
- I've heard that Hormel successfully sued The Jim Henson Company over the name of this character. Can anyone verify? -- Scarecroe 01:33, 18 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- They sued, but they lost. I remember reading about it in MuppetZine. Their objection was not just to the name, but the fact that the character was a big ugly bad guy. I found a site about the case that looks like it has some pretty accurate information. I can add the link. PrawnRR 01:52, 18 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- Oh cool, nice work. If they won, I would have asked why they didn't go after Spamela Hamderson, too. It's all very obvious now. -- Scarecroe 01:56, 18 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- Yeah, there's an article about it in MuppetZine #15. -- Toughpigs 02:10, 18 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- By the way, I think "Spamela Hamderson" was specifically intended to be a "screw you" to Hormel. They created Spamela just after the Spa'am case was settled. -- Toughpigs 02:18, 18 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- How ironic, then, that Spamela has now been reduced to a footnote in Muppet history, while Hormel's luncheon meat is more popular than ever. TV's KB 15:44, 18 Dec 2005 (UTC)