| Talk pages are no longer used.|
Please use the Forum for discussing article changes.
- I've heard that Hormel successfully sued The Jim Henson Company over the name of this character. Can anyone verify? -- Scarecroe 01:33, 18 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- They sued, but they lost. I remember reading about it in MuppetZine. Their objection was not just to the name, but the fact that the character was a big ugly bad guy. I found a site about the case that looks like it has some pretty accurate information. I can add the link. PrawnRR 01:52, 18 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- Oh cool, nice work. If they won, I would have asked why they didn't go after Spamela Hamderson, too. It's all very obvious now. -- Scarecroe 01:56, 18 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- Yeah, there's an article about it in MuppetZine #15. -- Toughpigs 02:10, 18 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- By the way, I think "Spamela Hamderson" was specifically intended to be a "screw you" to Hormel. They created Spamela just after the Spa'am case was settled. -- Toughpigs 02:18, 18 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- How ironic, then, that Spamela has now been reduced to a footnote in Muppet history, while Hormel's luncheon meat is more popular than ever. TV's KB 15:44, 18 Dec 2005 (UTC)