"Probably performed by Frank Oz"? This sounds like speculation to me. Is there a source? --GrantHarding 00:49, 16 April 2006 (UTC)
- He was probably played by him or he could've been Jane Henson. Frank could've been Nutty Birds right-hand man. -- Big V 18:07, 17 April 2006 (UTC)
- I'm in favor of removing it. We're just guessing here. By the way. Henson.com stated that Nutty Bird was performed by Jim Henson with assistance by Oz and Jerry Nelson (probably not at the same time). We have no idea if Sour Bird even had a consistent puppeteer. So unless a documented source can be found, I'm in favor of just pulling it, and the editorial on Frank Oz's lack of confidence re voices (which is probably true, but doesn't seem to fit in very well here, since for some time Henson had been dubbing all of the voices anyway). --Andrew, Aleal 18:37, 17 April 2006 (UTC)
- Andrew, you must be iunside my head. I already removed the information. We're not in the business of speculating who performed a puppet. -- Scott Scarecroe 18:39, 17 April 2006 (UTC)
- I guess my opinoins don't matter around here, EVER! -- Big V 23:07, 19 April 2006 (UTC)
- It's not that your opinions don't matter, Shane, but rather, nobody's "opinion" should matter in this case. Warrick originally used "probably" in his edit, implying it was a guess. Grant asked for sources, none of us could find one, and you yourself said it could have been Oz or it could have been Jane Henson, and for that matter it could have been Nelson or Jerry Juhl or *anyone* actively puppeteering for Muppets Inc. at the time.
- With characters where the puppeteer and voice are known or at least presumed to be the same, one can use the voice pattern and other characters by the same puppeteer as a basis for comparison. Even then a consensus isn't always reached, and it *does* become a matter of one person's guess or opinion versus another. In those cases, such as Sloth or Ernie Statue, a performer unknown template is used. In this case, we know it's Jim's voice, but not the puppeteer, and as this is intended as a factual encyclopedia, open speculation in the article itself isn't useful. --Andrew, Aleal 01:16, 20 April 2006 (UTC)