| Talk pages are no longer used.|
Please use the Forum for discussing article changes.
Why was this moved to Carlos? Watch the video clip, Louie call's him Ricardo. Where did the name Carlos come from? -- User:Jeff Krump 15:51, 5 October 2007 (UTC)
- All press info names him Carlos. Where did you find video? —Scott (talk) 15:57, 5 October 2007 (UTC)
- There's a video clip at the top of the Yahoo article, and yeah, Louie calls him Ricardo; in fact, I just finished the full clip, and Rosita's mother also calls him Ricardo. The "Carlos" only seems to occur in the photo caption, not in any actual article text, so it does seem like a mistake. -- Andrew Leal (talk) 16:44, 5 October 2007 (UTC)
- Aside from the caption of one associated press photographt, I can't find any other use or reference of the name Carlos. But the video has the name Ricardo spoken by characters a few times. The AP makes mistakes like that with captions on their photos all the time. I think his name is RicardoJeff Krump 17:05, 5 October 2007 (UTC)
- i think carlos is wrong. the character is called RICARDO by the characters in the video - the only source for him being named carlos is one Associated Press photo caption (and the AP is known to screw that kind of stuff up). Does anyone know who the performer is? could it carlos Martello? -- Jeff Krump 22:58, 5 October 2007 (UTC)~
- I doubt Carlos Martello, who isn't even involved with Plaza Sesamo anymore. It's likely either one of the current Sesame puppeteers, or possibly, Gabriel Velez (who they still bring in from time to time). I don't recognize the voice myself, but it's a brief clip; we'll find it when the video is released (especially if, as is implied, Sesame Workshop puts it on iTunes with their other resource videos, or otherwise makes it available to the general public). Either way, I'd say the video dialogue trumps AP captions (none of the actual articles give Rosita's father a name at all, just the photo caption), so I'm going to go ahead and move this back. -- Andrew Leal (talk) 23:07, 5 October 2007 (UTC)