Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
TALK PAGES ARE NO LONGER USED
To discuss article changes, please use:
This article gives her name as Agatha T. "Emily" Bear, which doesn't really make sense. The name I'm familiar with is Emily Bear, although I have to admit I'm not sure where I know the name from. The Agatha T. is sourced on the page as being from Muppet Magazine.
Assuming that Emily is mentioned onscreen (or maybe in the credits for Christmas Carol?), then I'd say that Emily is the "correct" name, and Agatha T. is apocryphal... but we need to have the source before we say that. Either way, calling her Agatha T. "Emily" Bear is nonsensical. -- Danny (talk) 20:07, 10 November 2008 (UTC)
- She was briefly referred to by name in A Muppet Family Christmas. When Kermit answers the phone the second time, he answers "Emily Bear residence..." The credits for The Muppet Christmas Carol refer to her as "Ma Bear". --Minor muppetz 20:10, 10 November 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah, an odd hit and run user added the "Agatha T." to the main page, which I agree makes no sense. Really, I'd say Ma Bear is her main name, though Emily probably trumps Agatha T. just because one was in a special, but both were fleeting and came out around the same time (the Magazine story was promoting the special). I'll go back and check her first Muppet Show appearance, but I'd say we should go with whatever Fozzie calls her (which is usually "Ma" I think) or something of that sort, since the first name is inconsistent. How does Doc address her in the special? Mrs. Bear? -- Andrew Leal (talk) 20:39, 10 November 2008 (UTC)
- Okay. As we've done in other cases (like Grundgetta), I'll park names as I find them.
- Episode 216: Cleo Laine: "my mother," "Ma," "Mom" (Fozzie), "your mum" (Cleo Laine)
- Episode 410: Kenny Rogers: not addressed (silent role in "Knees Up, Mother Brown")
- The Case of the Missing Mother: "my mother" (Fozzie)
- A Muppet Family Christmas: "Mom" (several times), "my mother" (Fozzie), "Ms. Bear" (Doc), "Mrs. Bear" (Kermit, Rowlf), Emily Bear (Kermit on phone)
- The Muppets at Walt Disney World: "Ma" (Fozzie, every time he addresses her), "his mother" (Michael Eisner)
- A Muppet Christmas Carol Ma Bear (credits), both Mom and Ma in dialogue (although referring to "Ma Fozziwig")
- Muppet Kids books (not necessarily canonical): Mrs. Bear
- So based on all that, I'd suggest moving this to "Ma Bear," which seems to be the most common name (or possibly Mrs. Bear, the second most consistent, or "Fozzie Bear's Mother") and note Emily, Agatha T., and any other variants that may show up (in books, maybe some promotional articles or Fanclub newsletters mentioned her?) -- Andrew Leal (talk) 20:58, 10 November 2008 (UTC)