| Talk pages are no longer used.|
Please use the Forum for discussing article changes.
grover on YTMND
should we mention grover's appearences on YTMND? he has became very popular. (Multiverseman 02:22, November 18, 2009 (UTC))
- We generally don't cover fan created memes. —Scott (talk) 05:05, November 18, 2009 (UTC)
- Generally suggests that you do sometimes. (Multiverseman 02:19, November 19, 2009 (UTC))
- Loosely defined (I'm not too up on it myself), it's short for "You're the Man Now Dog" and originally stems from joke pages/images/something which originated on this website (though I don't see any just now) and seem to have spread as a meme, and is on the whole not unlike those "LOL cat" things. We never cover fan memes, actually. Only exceptions we've made is when it's not just from fans or a passing fad, as with the Swedish Chef translators used by Google and others, or the few things that would qualify for pages as Internet Mentions and that's not the case here. -- Andrew Leal (talk) 02:36, November 19, 2009 (UTC)
I have two questions after reading this article. First, was there actually a season 1 Sesame Street sketch in which the green version of Grover was referred to by name, or was it the season 2 premiere in which the blue puppet was called 'Grover'? Second, the closet on the Jack Parr Show was decorated in late 1964 according to The Works. Is there a known appearance of the green Grover puppet that dates back that far, or is the 1967 Christmas Eve Ed Sullivan Show appearance the earliest known sketch? Joinery1 14:11, 27 June 2008 (UTC)
- It's from the MuppetZine transcript of the MT&R seminar... I'll add the reference. I added that quote long ago, before we really had a handle on how to do references. It is "I worked on Cookie Monster" -- I fixed my own typo. -- Danny (talk) 15:57, 1 July 2006 (UTC)
Is Frank still Grover?
I know that Frank still performs some Sesame characters... Is he still performing Grover? -- Toughpigs 14:04, 9 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- I saw him as recently as when the new Grover puppet emerged, so it's been at least as recent as that. Secret Squirrel would know. --Scarecroe 14:40, 9 Dec 2005 (UTC)