Favorite Songs from Jim Henson's MuppetsEdit
discussion moved from User talk:Toughpigs
Hey, Danny, since you have this album, could you please take a look at it? There are two different labels listed, one on the main discography, and in the box, and we also need the catalog number. Oh, can you check the order too? Thanks! -- Ken (talk) 05:58, 5 May 2007 (UTC)
- Okay, I checked it out. My copy is from Magic Video Publishing Company. The songs are in the order listed on the page, but the sides are different.
- I think it's possible that there were two different versions of this set -- a double-album, and two single albums. I have this as two single albums, a Volume One and a Volume Two. That might explain the discrepancies between my copy and what's on the page.
- So here's my guess.
- Two single albums: Published by Magic Video Publishing Company, SM 1044-1 and SM 1044-2. Volume One: Side 1 begins with "Muppet Show Theme", Side 2 begins with "Halfway Down the Stairs". Volume Two: Side 1 "Rubber Duckie", Side 2 "Muppet Babies Theme". (This is the version I have.)
- One double album: Published by Silver Eagle Records, catalog # unknown. Side 1 "Muppet Show Theme", Side 2 "Muppet Babies Theme", Side 3 "Rubber Duckie", Side 4 "Halfway Down the Stairs".
- Scott posted the original track list and listed Silver Eagle Records, so he may have the double-album version. If I'm right about this, then we ought to post all this information on the page. -- Danny (talk) 14:24, 5 May 2007 (UTC)
- Okay. I wondered why the list you sent me said "2 albums", since I knew it was a 2-record set, but now I know you meant 2 separate albums. (Sesame Street Gold syndrome!) I'll talk to Scott about the other edition. By the way, was your copy made in the USA, or somewhere else? Thanks! -- Ken (talk) 15:10, 5 May 2007 (UTC)
- Danny's right there were two different versions of the set. One had it as a two album set, and one as two separate albums - I have both. The latter at least was also issued on cassette. I've detailed much of this on my site about Louise (I may have left off some of the cassette details). Emma 15:28, 5 May 2007 (UTC)
- Emma's page is here: http://www.qsulis.demon.co.uk/Website_Louise_Gold/Favorite_Songs_From_Jim_Henson's_Muppets.htm -- Ken (talk) 01:12, 6 May 2007 (UTC)
- Sorry, I kind of jumped over here before I really read the page. That was kind of a note to myself that if we find somebody who has the 2-record set version (US Silver Eagle), we'll double check the track order, label and catalog number. I didn't know if Scott meant a Canadian 2-record set on Magic Video or I.J.E., or a US version. So I guess right now it's okay. -- Ken (talk) 13:44, 8 August 2007 (UTC)
The categorization of this one bugs me. In the interest of completeness, I'm thinking it should be in the categories and discographies for The Muppet Show AND Sesame Street AND Fraggle Rock AND The Muppet Babies. Is this too anal? Mark (talk) 08:12, 7 March 2007 (UTC)