The Camel in "Find that Habitat"
Who does his voice? Here's the link: http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_player/-/pgpv/videoplayer/0/d03e69a1-7897-4ddb-9e00-d8e996d859d4/find_that_habitat_camel. Garrettk41 01:33, June 20, 2010 (UTC)
Wait a sec...
I noticed that Scott changed the link from "Releases" under the box info to one of the grids explaining a bit from the scene. Don't we usually just keep these kinds of links under the box info, such as an example right here? Wattamack4 22:30, March 11, 2010 (UTC)Alex
- That's where I intended it to be. We just changed it to "Releases", so there's going to be some issues when change comes. - Oscarfan 22:36, March 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, unless it's the whole episode, they shouldn't be in the box. It's just a specific clip, so it makes sense to place it where it corresponds in the episode guide. When/if full online episode releases surface outside of iTunes (which we don't and really can't link to directly), then it would make sense to put the link in the box. -- Andrew Leal (talk) 22:44, March 11, 2010 (UTC)
- You mean sort of like what those Old School DVDS do (including the scenes and the segments)? Wattamack4 22:47, March 11, 2010 (UTC)Alex
- In fact, Episode 4194 is a good case in point. In this case, there's a link to our iTunes page just to note that the full episode can be bought there. That's how it should work. The link to a single 11 minute scene should be moved to the appropriate place in the episode guide, just like we wouldn't stick links to that episode's inserts at the top. And it's not just the lack of inserts, Alex, but the fact that these aren't even the whole street storylines, just clips or condensed versions (and that's all they're meant to be). Checking out the clip itself, there is more to it, but that's all the more reason to explain what the clip actually covers (and that can't be done in the box). -- Andrew Leal (talk) 22:48, March 11, 2010 (UTC)
- I see what you mean now. I did fix it up a little just to make it seem a bit less confusing (mainly so people won't think one bit of that scene can be viewed). Wattamack4 22:59, March 11, 2010 (UTC)Alex
- But just a quick question: I noticed you mentioned about not linking to itunes. Is that considered illegal? Wattamack4 23:15, March 11, 2010 (UTC)Alex
- Read our FAQ on no shopping links, plus it's just really difficult to link to a specific part of the website, so we just note that something's available there and let users find it themselves (and even that may change eventually, but for now it's not that different from noting that a commercial DVD is available, we just don't link to an actual Amazon page for it). -- Andrew Leal (talk) 23:23, March 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Oh, that. Now I gotcha. As much as it would seem unfair to the viewers, I do see your point. It's not worth takning the risk of trying to make it seem like we're selling stuff that isn't even ours. Wattamack4 23:34, March 11, 2010 (UTC)Alex
- It's not even being unfair to the viewers. They can find it if they just go to the site and look (it's not Muppet Wiki's job to do everything for everyone), it's not available outside the USA, and I'm not even sure it's feasible to link to individual iTunes stores (and definitely not to a single episode, they're listed like a price catalogue). -- Andrew Leal (talk) 23:45, March 11, 2010 (UTC)