"Gordon and Big Bird help Maria find her lost parakeet." What, what, what? Maria appeared as early as the second season? I'll be darned. I thought her earliest appearance was the third season premiere. I take it this is another cool source from here, yes, yes?
Learn something new every day. --Dave Splurge 15:25, 6 January 2007 (UTC)
- You're right, that's really weird! I didn't even notice it as I was adding that. The information is from something I found in the CTW archives -- it's a report written by representatives from the National Organization of Women, looking at specific episodes and documenting how many men and women appeared on the show. (I'll post a whole article about that later on; it's fascinating.)
- Anyway, in their report on episode 0234, they say "Gordon and Big Bird with Maria's parakeet", as well as "Maria helps find her lost parakeet" and "Maria plays marbles with Gordon and kids". And it's clearly our Maria, not some random puppet or kid, because she's listed under "Adult Female". So it looks like Maria made some appearances in Season 2. The report was written in October 1971, before the third season premiere, so they can't have mixed up the episode numbers. Does anybody have any more information that would up the idea that Maria appeared in season 2? -- Danny (talk) 15:57, 6 January 2007 (UTC)
- I'd love to see the whole article. --Dave Splurge 16:03, 6 January 2007 (UTC)
- I think it's ironic that Maria was on the show before season 3, since both Sesame Street Unpaved and the booklet for Old School Volume 1 state that Luis was the first new addition to the human cast (unless Luis also appeared in the second season). I thought that meant first new cast member hired, as many new humans debuted in the third season premiere. --Minor muppetz 16:20, 6 January 2007 (UTC)
- Perhaps Maria was played by an unknown child actress. --Skater 16:20, 6 January 2007 (UTC)